HybridZ

R32 RB20 Head Oil Restrictor - Who's blocked one of them off?

Cubes

Hi ppls,

Who's blocked off their head oil restrictor with their RB20DET hydraulic head? Have you had any issues?

I've got a head off at the moment and be buggered if I can feel any vac through the rear oil feed; which would suggest the front and rear oil feed galleys are not connected?!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

lol yes...

Looking to find a few that have had good results.

Apart from Sydneykids say so there's no one thats done it.

I guess I'm going to be the guineapig. :S

fingers crossed I don't find a heap of metal shavings towards the rear of the motor in a week or so.

I've recently pulled the head off to have a few things done so decided I'd give the single 1.5mm restrictor a go as I will be giving it a hammering at the local circuit.

lol yes...

here's something to append, then =)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=785743#post785743

you may remember that I was asking you about pistons and such. well that's still being sorted out. What I do know is that there was a thread about the oil restrictors in which someone asked for final confirmation on restrictor size, and there was nothing posted after that.

so i'm not sure if anyone is going to give solid information on that.

What I do have written down though, is that RB25/30 should use 2 x 1.25 mm restrictors, and RB26/30 should be blocked off on one side, and has 1.5mm on the other.

seeing as that makes the RB25 pump and drain more than the RB26, I would assume that the RB20 would be close to or the same as the RB25, due to them both being hydraulic rather than solid lifter, if that makes a difference. And both of them have VTC oil pressure solenoids in some cases, no?

all places where oil can hide and not lend itself to more problematic areas, I think.