HybridZ

Help, Injector problem, quick question.

chrism

I am almost there. The motor turns over. My fuel pump is working.

I have 12v at the injectors. I have correct voltage at the Cam angle sensor. The injectors won't open. I was looking for my dropping resistor pack and could not locate it. I'm using the rb20 FSM to trouble shoot.

Very straight forward until I got to the dropping resistors. I can't find mine. Can someone please help me locate them. The picture in the manual is horrible. This is what I have but it only has two wires and measures .5 ohms across the pins.

civic.jpg

The manual calls for something that has 7 wires and has 5 ohms across them.

I am not asking for someone to fix my problem. I want to do that myself. I just need a little push on this part.

Thanks

Still having a problem with this. I noticed in other threads on this forum, some people have 10 ohm resistors between the Injector and the ECU.

If the RB20 comes with a connector for the Dropping resistor, then why is it so hard to find the connector and why doesn't it match the Factory manual.

This is what the manual shows.

rb20detDroppingResistor.jpg

My previous request shows something else.

Here is what other people have posted.

injectors.jpg

Totally confused.

Any takers on this. I know that it's not a very hard question. This is the only place I can think of to get someone's help. None of the threads on this forum have any pics I can use as a ref. Only the Factory Manual.

Pictures in the manual are horrible.

• 5 months later...

Going to close this thread out by saying that the dropping resistor in the RB20DET is for the fuel pump. There are no injector dropping resistors for the stock version. The injectors are high impedance. They don't need resistors. Got the car to run by resolving the Relay issue. The twin relays located next to the ECU have to be rewired so that they work independently of each other. They come wired from the factory with a common ground. That was causing all kinds of problems. Rewired them to work as independent relays. No more problems and the battery doesn't drain.

I'm sorry I hadn't seen your post previously. The rb20det injectors are high-impedance and have no dropping resistor, there are two other dropping resistors - one for the fuel pump, and the auto trans section of the loom has one as well. You shouldn't have had to play with the factory relays - I hate to say it, but there is probably something wrong with the way you have wired up the loom. Have a look for the EGO heater circuit as well - it's not powered by the EFI loom and needs it own connection to the IGN circuit.

Ya, I found that problem also, I got that wired up and now the car runs fine.

I got a lot of responses from others about not using the relays at all. They had some work arounds but I don't know if they had any other problems with the EGO heater . I looked at the FSM for some time and could not figure out how the relays worked together. I would think that it would be straight forward but when I connected them up, I would not get a pulse on the injectors. Also, the battery would go dead in a day. Once I separated the ground, that solved those issues. Could be something else but now that the car is running fine, I'll leave it that way. I have been driving it for several weeks and haven't noticed anything unusual. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll check all the other sensors to make sure they test as per the FSM.