HybridZ

VQ frankensteining?

Mack

Ive heard about combing parts from different VQ engines to make frankenstein type motors and Ive searched this site and have found a littl einfo on it, but not as much as Id hoped.

I'm getting a VQ30DE out of a 1997 maxima and its going in a 1990 240SX. I also have access to a VQ35DE out of a 350Z, but the cams, valves and a few other things are missing.

What I was thinking was VQ30DE rotating assembly in the VQ35 block, using the VQ35DE pistons on the VQ30 rods and crank. it would give me a VQ32DE (which, I might add, nissan was running in the JGTC skylines). The VQ30 rods are known to be stronger and handle boost better for longer periods of time than the VQ35DE. the only problem is which heads to use. Ive heard that the 35 heads will lower compression on a 30 block, and Ive also read that the 30 heads will lower compression on the 35 block. contradictory. I do know for a fact that the 35 heads flow better.

so, and ideas?