HybridZ

Fuel Injector Colors - Black - Please help...

naviathan

I have several fuel injectors in my garage from several different Z's. Most of them are black bodies while I have a few green and one or two tan. Now I can't find the thread but I remember someone referencing black as a turbo injector. Which would make sense, I have a turbo car in the yard that has all black injectors. I can't find any flow info on them so can someone please put my mind at ease and tell me whether these are or are not turbo injectors so I know what to set my injector characteristics at for MS.

Ok, well I have a part number on these injectors, but it doesn't match any of the ones in the list from the site cozy posted. Guess I'll have to do some more research to find out what the specs on these are. Thanks guys. Keep it coming if anyone else knows anything.

Got this clip from the zcar.com archives:

After a day of searching 70-83 tech, I found others have had a simular problems getting GP Sorensen injectors from Advance or Autozone. I did find postings of casting numbers :

N/A - D1560BA , TURBO- D1710BA

These are numbers found in archives, I will see if they match up when injectors arive..

Got injectors today 5/14/06 and the casting #for the GP Sorensen N/A injectors all

matched - D1560BA .. Advanced Auto was very professional getting the correct part......Randy

Guess that helps. Mine are the D1560BA so I guess they're N/A injectors, but I haven't been able to find any true flow test or anytihng on them.

well, yes you will.. apparently the cosworth injectors are not the same as ours, but still, all you need is a dropping resistor in line with your "trigger switch" to drop the voltage down to the appropriate point... OR, just get a small 5Vdc power supply to integrate into the thing. I haven't ironed out the details for a Z EFI version of the same thing yet, but I will one of these days.. I have about 70 injectors to collect, clean, test, and label so I can match an even set (or two sets??? Or maybe eight injectors total? who knows?? mwahahahaa) for my car.