HybridZ

Is the fuel pump supposed to do that?

himself

I have the car all wired and ready to go with MS, double checked all my wiring and tried to get her to start again. This time it started briefly but promptly died and does the same thing every time. The fuel pump will turn on when the key is turned to ON but will turn off after 2 seconds and I do not hear it turn back on when I start the car. Not sure what is going on.

Also there are flashes of light coming from under the distributor cap, is that not a good thing? I have spark from the coil to the dizzy and from the dizzy to the plugs but those flashes don't seem normal to the operation of the car.

Oh yea another note, the RPM gauge on the laptop screen of the MS program does not seem to function at all. I have the starter set to start at 300rpm and idle at 750 but the gauge does not change at all. Any ideas?

I believe, and I'm very noobish at this (I hope to attempt what you're doing in the next two weeks) that the Fuel pump will fire for 2 seconds, until it sees an RPM signal. If the MS doesn't see an RPM signal, as you note, it shuts off fuel as it thinks the car isn't running.

How to track why you're not getting the signal.

Using Edis? Got the Pip/SAW wires backwards?

Also there are flashes of light coming from under the distributor cap, is that not a good thing? I have spark from the coil to the dizzy and from the dizzy to the plugs but those flashes don't seem normal to the operation of the car.
I have never seen flashes from under my dizzy cap, so I think you should start there.

The fuel pump comes on for 2 seconds when MS is first powered up to prime the fuel system. It will start up again during cranking although you may not hear it.

I would focus on the ignition issue above to start, and then ensure you have the ignition signal coming into the MS properly. You should see the RPM guage moving during cranking.

Just had the same issue, check you have the correct links jumpered on the back of your MS PCB and if you're using a relay board check you have a connection from the screw terminal all the way to the 37pin connector at the MS.

Then you have to figure out the MS ignition settings for the setup you're running, little confusing at first but the MS site has some good reading material on the subject. Good luck.