HybridZ

t03/04 :/

das_hef

im about a day away from getting my 76' 280z ready for the road, and now i feel its time to start thinking about choosing what kind of turbo swap i want to do. ive already decided on the block, a 280zxt with the p90 head. im thinking about swapping the stock tranny for the 240sx. megasquirt ecu as well. but what really has me stumped is the turbo/intercooler choice. i assume this is the hardest part since its such a critical part, and with so many options. i want to go with the t03/04, the same one in a galant vr-4 and also i believe on the eclipse. but after talking to my bro, whos built and loved his own LT1 twin turbo datsun and built up 2 turbo cars so far, he said id have alot of problems with that set up, im shooting for 300 hp at the wheels (or flywheel, if its going to be alot more practical) i dont want to do the turbodeisel conversion, i really dont want a turbo that dosent spool till 5k. and i doubt the stock turbo could put up that kind of power. ive searched the forums and found nothing about the t03/04s.

thoughts?

t04b-50 trim compressor with a T3 turbine seems to be the right size for a L28.

for quicker spool leave the turbine stock. For slower spool up but better top end power open up the turbine.

I would use the stock T3 turbine with the stock cam since the stock cam doesn't rev that high. If you change cams then modify the turbine.