HybridZ

MegaSquirt-II Question

Curry

I was reading through this section for a good while trying to gather info on mega squirt.

I used an e-manage blue with all the harnesses for my old setup on the Camry and I was wondering if its possible to re-use the e manage for my l28ET turbo swap...

If I read correctly, if I actually used the Mega Squirt-II V 3.0 I would basically ditch the turbo ECU and rewire everything to the MS?

Again the e-manage has all the harnesses so I could have full control over ignition, fuel and airflow, Which is pretty much all that needs to be controlled right?

I did a search for info about the emanage and anyone using it but I didn't find anything much and there we no specifics as to whether or not they were using all the harnesses.

Thanks!

I don't know anything about e-manage blue, but with the MS-II you could ditch the whole factory EFI (Harness and all since it's pretty old) and rewire using either a DIYAutoTune prewired harness (recommended) or a home made harness. You'll want to ditch some of the old sensors. There's so many ways to wire things up it's unlimited the possibilities. Check out the sticky's in the MEgaSquirt subforum.

I don't know anything about e-manage blue, but with the MS-II you could ditch the whole factory EFI (Harness and all since it's pretty old) and rewire using either a DIYAutoTune prewired harness (recommended) or a home made harness. You'll want to ditch some of the old sensors. There's so many ways to wire things up it's unlimited the possibilities. Check out the sticky's in the MEgaSquirt subforum.

Thanks for the tip. Yea I went through the stickies and saw how everyone was wiring stuff up...

The emanage is basically a piggyback unit that lets you adjust your timing, fuel and air without having to ditch your ECU.

I figured I would keep the emanage since I already have it (saves me the cost of having to buy an MS)

At this point I guess I have 2 options

1. Keep the ECU and use a piggyback + run new wiring and new sensors

2. Run the MS-II and rewire everything.

Piggy back might not work on the Z because of the types of sensors. For the most part they're not like a standard sensor. The TPS is a switch not a potentiometer like most others. The value range for the temp sensors is different. The ignition system is independant of the ECU, things like that.

It would be easier and much more beneficial to go with the MS-II full install. I build MS-II ECUs for $380+shipping if you're interested.

Piggy back might not work on the Z because of the types of sensors. For the most part they're not like a standard sensor. The TPS is a switch not a potentiometer like most others. The value range for the temp sensors is different. The ignition system is independant of the ECU, things like that.

It would be easier and much more beneficial to go with the MS-II full install. I build MS-II ECUs for $380+shipping if you're interested.

Ahh thats a different ball game then. I didn't realize that.

I've got a way to go before I'm ready for the MS but I will let you know when I'm ready to get started with that portion of the build.

Need to get the L24 running again first.