HybridZ

Need help...Turbo oil pan

nscason

i am in the proses of collecting the parts for a turbo swap. i purchased a turbo oil pan from one of the members here. i noticed that there was some sort of sensor that was located right next to the drain plug. the only thing i can think of would be an oil temp sending unit. i gave MSA a call and they didnt know what it was. as far as they knew there never was any kind of sensor there. from what i have learned you dont need a temp sending unit in the pan. is this a stock piece or is it an aftermarket thing. does anyone have any ideas? i want to know if i am going to want to use it, the space or just completely ignore it all together. if anyone could shed some light on this that would be a great help. thanks.

Nick Cason

i dont have a zxt haynes manuel yet. that is on my sh@t to buy list. i dont doubt that it would have it. the one wire was ripped out of mine. if you could give me some info from it that would be great. or anyone else for that matter. i was wondering of its original purpose and the point of having it there. any insight is appreciate. thanks.