HybridZ

timming chain gear set

fear_me

Let's not make this personal, OK guys? (this means all of you)

Tim, the thing about the Kameari is that there is no damage done if the chain falls into the cover. So as was stated, you simply fish it out and roll it onto the idlers and affix the cam gear. There is no tensioner to fall out, so there is no danger in the chain falling other than having to fish it back out.

The string method that Alan alluded to would be valid in this case, because you could tie up the chain with a string to any close part, the thermostat housing, rad hose, whatever. I'd probably use a couple zip ties.

The part has some very beneficial attributes in addition to not using a sprung tensioner which can fall out. Better cam timing is the obvious one, but you can also shave the head and adjust out the slack with the tensioner and an adjustable cam gear and not have to screw with lash pad adjustments at all. I'd get one if I intended to keep working with the L.

Thanks, Jon.

I noticed that answer in one of the replies, and that is pretty much what I wanted to know. It just seems like asking anything about this part aside from "where can I get one" is somehow taboo, and that does not set well with me.

As i said, I AM considering buying one, and just wanted to know what, if any, "gotchas" might be associated with it. Wouldn't be even close to the first time.

Thanks, Jon.

I noticed that answer in one of the replies, and that is pretty much what I wanted to know.

You're welcome.

It just seems like asking anything about this part aside from "where can I get one" is somehow taboo, and that does not set well with me.

Might I suggest that you direct any further doubts and queries you have directly to the person that you *might* buy the tensioner kit from........? With luck, they might be able to explain it all a little better than I can.

Alan T.

Tim,

As I said I've got one of these KEW tensioners, and I just sent it to Rebello when I had my engine built. They like it and have no issues with it, otherwise they would have advised me against using it. They are expensive, but they are superbly made. The roller bearing used instead of the standard tensioner, has a little oilway machined into the back, to feed the roller bearing.

Ian