HybridZ

I need help with my RB

Guest tofu_boy86

Guest tofu_boy86

OK im instaling a RB26DET Into a old 240Z which we already finish restoring the chasis all it needs is a engine any helpfull tips on how to instal such an engine.

Guest tofu_boy86
Nice first post LOL.

The motor is just the beginning of a swap man. Start reading everything you can on the forums about the motor and whats required for the swap.

Search button is your friend.

Evan

Thanxz Friend Will do as recomemded

Guest tofu_boy86
If I am not mistaken there are some build threads that will give you a good idea of whats involved.

Best of luck.

Evan

Yeah thanxz cause i have only done Swaps with the L24ET Turbo and i dont know if it the same.

I'm sorry if this is going to sound rude but... what does the kind of suspension you're going to use has to do with the engine swap????

Read a little bit, suspension setup is related to what you want to do with the car, not what engine you put in...

I mean, start by putting the engine in and make sure it runs properly and ONLY THEN you should start worrying about your suspension components or go the other way around and setup your suspension right, learn how the car behaves and then swap the engine for more power, you just can't dive in the unknown and start changing everything, it's going to end up all wrong...

My $0.02

ok any tips o what kind suspention i need to use?

The only suspension mods I could think of would be stronger front coil springs, but that's not a problem until you get the engine in and find out how much it weighs.

Chances are the stock suspension that handles the L6 engine just fine will work just like a stocker with the RB26 engine, granted it has two turbos hanging off on the drivers side.

However, with that kind of power, you may want to think about putting power to the ground after the engine is in. However, don't go testing the suspension's limits if you've just finished restoring the car. The stock suspension might be good, but on a docile road car, it may not be the brightest idea to shove 300 horsies on the back wheels and go for happy-fun-time.

Worry about the suspension when you've had a chance to start the car and drive it around.

Or get a good suspension first, look around the proper tech section of the forum and see what other people are doing to help with getting power to the ground and steering heavy engines in the Z. that should be a good place to start. You may end up asking more questions, but they might be more focused, and a little less vague.

I'm still not sure on suspension for my RB Z myself, but when I get there, I'll worry about it, considering it wont use a Z type suspension anyways.