HybridZ

tach spike

MaTTSuN

i did a datalog and sent it to matt cramer at diy

he siad he sees a tach spike and maybe try a 1k resistor

now everything on my setup seams fine but it wont fire

has anyone else had this problem or something close?

i did run for a while but now it wont...

i think the 1k is inline with the 12v switched power to the MS i think for the coil trigger like the manual says

im using the 81 l28t crank sensor on the front pulley

i was just on vacation and i remember i adjusted the cas befor i reloaded a new program after it stopped working

im going to try putting it back tonite since i just got back now

maybe i put it too far out of range

ok i had a chance to move the cas but it did nothing

i have no spark at all now it wont even sputter..... did i blow my coil some how?

can the CAS on the pulley go bad? it seamed to be working fine intill it stopped working haha kind of running out of ideas .....

i have it all wired up through the relay board like the diy site http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

the resistor is 12v switch power to the dizzys green and black wire

the car would sputter at about 500rpm so i did a datalog so matt cramer at diy could take a look

he siad everything looked good but there was a tach spike, and maybe i should put a resistor on the tach signal wire ive been on vacation so havent had to much time to try anything

i was just wondering if it could be a bad resistor now and no power is getting to the green and black dizzy wire?

do resistors go bad?

it kind of had spark for a while and sputtered at about 500 rpm but now it doesnt do anything

ok i did some testing and reviewing of my msq

my tach signal is giving out .01-.02 volts

and the resisted 12v switch power to the tach signal is 1.5v

so everything is working...

i put a new resistor on just for fun

the one thing i found that i didnt have befor was the TPS value for flood clear(raw)

on my msq it was blank so i put in 216

that seamed to get me some spark but it still didnt run

for spark settings on the trigger angle i think i have 56 and the trigger addition at +45

thats the only way i can get it to sputter haha i have my timing light on the #1 and i watch that to see if its sparking and this is the only way i can get it consistently to spark but i have not gone higher like 90s or 100 trigger angle but im not sure what good that will do

im happy now that i can get this think to kinda work because it was not working at all before no spark or fuel but now im getting a little of both

i think i may be getting enough spark but not enough fuel now not sure how to get it all synced up

i took a data log of the last time i tried to start it but i cant upload it on here

any ideas on how to troubleshoot this badboy?