HybridZ

Q45/Z32 Ring and pinion

Guest 9inchZX

Guest 9inchZX

My buddy Wes Atkins from Drift Brothers has a 94' Q45 w/ RB25det swap any way I need to know if the 4.09 gears from a Z32 will bolt to the VLSD in the R200 in the Q45. Or maybe use the whole R230 in the Q w/ the Q stubs. I've been hunting info for wees Please help.

• 4 months later...
i think you gotta do some cutting to fit the R230 diff into the R200 subframe cradle.

There was a thread about it on here, specifically. It has to do with 240sx IRS swap.

so if you can find it the info should be there.

You can swap the R&P out of any ABS r200 diff and put them in the Q diff.

Yes, the Q diff is an R200 with abs. But the driveshaft flange and output shafts are the same as R230 ( at least the flanges are ).

But to answer his question about what he could put in there that would have the 4.08 gears. He can use a 240sx R200 with abs ( open diff or VLSD ) cause the R&P are the same for both. Basically he has a gaggle of choices for gear ratio from a 3.54-4.56

Guest 9inchZX

Thanks for the help guys but now that I know that. Will the axle flanges from the Q spline with the Z32/240sx Diff bc i know the Q uses a differnt patter than the Z32 (bolt pattern on the flange itself)

Oh yeah and I made a boo-boo typing the first post.( Or maybe use the whole R230^SHOULD HAVE SAID R200^ in the Q w/ the Q stubs.

OK you are confusing me...

You say he has a stock 1994 q45 rear diff, right?

You say R230 Z32, This would be the TT model that came with 3.69 R&P( which has the same flange patterns as the Q45)

You said that the Z32 has different flange patterns than the Q. Now either that isn't a Q diff or the Z32 diff is a non turbo. And the non turbo model Z32 (R200) has I believe, but don't quote me has 4.08 same as 240sx.

So what I believe you have for a z32 diff is a non turbo model. Now the R&P will swap directly into the Q diff if they are both ABS models.

Also the splines for the wheel hub are different from TT Z32 and non turbo Z32. But the TT are the same as a Q45 just different lengths of shafts.

Guest 9inchZX

Yes I was speaking of the early model z32 non-turbo R200 w/ VLSD with the 4.90 ratio. bc the Q45 use a VLSD R200 w/ 3.54 ratio bc it causes the car to be quite unresponsive in higher gear ranges for high speed drifts. It boges the eng quite harshly.

Guest 9inchZX

As far as the splines go i was speaking of using the Q axles and diff side side hubs bc of the length issues. I was wondering if the Diff side flanges would spline between the 2 R200s. thanx

As far as the splines go i was speaking of using the Q axles and diff side side hubs bc of the length issues. I was wondering if the Diff side flanges would spline between the 2 R200s. thanx

Ok I gotcha,

No the the axles won't swap. The easiest way is to just swap out the R&P gears they will fit with no problems.