HybridZ

need help on how to clean up my headlight switch

Guest adamngo

Guest adamngo

my headlights on my 71 240z usually work, sometimes it takes a few on and offs to get it working though. after reading some of the posts in here i think cleaning them might fix that problem as well as the self cancel turn signals that arent working (never worked so i dont know if they had them in 71). not too big on elecrical stuff but probably can get it done with a little help. so if anyone has any recommendations on how to clean the switch i ould appreciate it.

also...

my front right turn signal and in dash right turn signal arent working. the rear one does work as well as all the left ones. when i turn the emergencies on, they all work fine though. i was told that it could be the relay. anyone know where that particular relay is, i know the 240z wiring diagram isnt that hard, but i get really frustrated looking at that many lines, and figured this site has pro's that can just help me quicker.

well any help is better than none

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I had both the exact same issues. Clean the headlight switch contacts. The 71 does have self cancel turn signals. You may have pins missing in the rotating collum if the sterring wheel/adpater is not oem. Remove the sterring wheel and check the canceling mechanism.