HybridZ

Trans-am gauges in the Z. Help!

I've been trying to find info on how to wire up the LS-1 gauges on here and ls1tech, but couldn't find anything. What would be most helpful is something that tells me which wire gets hooked up to what, and anything else that needs to be done.

Is there a DIY up somewhere with instructions? Or can anyone who has done this help me out? Thanks!

-Mike

I've been trying to find info on how to wire up the LS-1 gauges on here and ls1tech, but couldn't find anything. What would be most helpful is something that tells me which wire gets hooked up to what, and anything else that needs to be done.

Is there a DIY up somewhere with instructions? Or can anyone who has done this help me out? Thanks!

-Mike

I am using 95 TransAM gauges in my LT1 swap. But I cheated and am using the complete wiring harness from my doner car. Mine is a 94 LT1 but here is a link to a 95 firebird gauge cluster connector which gets you one end. No clue if they are the same as an LS1. http://shbox.com/1/95_ta_cluster_pinout.jpg. I actually have a Z28 harness and of course the connector for the Z28 and TransAm are not the same, I had to move 32 wires!

If you are going thru the trouble I suggest you to put in the C5 cluster. You can use the C5 cluster to read DTCs off the PCM. It is very useful for trouble shooting engine problems. I don't know whether the Fbody cluster gives you this option. GL.

V.

BTW I have the C5 cluster in my LS1 Z also.