HybridZ

250 GTO Kits

Guest Spanky

Guest Spanky

Are they still available ? I've tried to contact McBurnie (thunderranch) and OM Sportscars (Scorpion) is way too expensive (if they still exist).

Any thoughts on were to pick one up ?

Thanks

Better to call than e-mail anyway. Speaking from experience it's easy for companies to get lost in flood of flood of incoming mail. Most people have a better chance of getting to me on the phone, and I'm not even a company. Thunder Ranch has been around a long time and they definitely know how to do quality glass work.

Also I THINK the Vella Rosa rear clip is available without the convertible rear deck.

Best of luck,

Michelle

Better to call than e-mail anyway. Speaking from experience it's easy for companies to get lost in flood of flood of incoming mail. Most people have a better chance of getting to me on the phone, and I'm not even a company. Thunder Ranch has been around a long time and they definitely know how to do quality glass work.

Also I THINK the Vella Rosa rear clip is available without the convertible rear deck.

Best of luck,

Michelle

Yep, can get the V/R kit for a hardtop version and yes a call is always better than an email.

Thunder Ranch Office: (619) 444-1006. These guys get a lot of dreamers emailing about kits so call to discuss things.

These guys get a lot of dreamers emailing about kits so call to discuss things.

I always love some of the e-mails I get

"Hi, I like your car, please tell me about it and tell me everything it will take to get one just like it."

VERY Very rarely do people ask specific questions, like they think I just have a book about it to send them.

When there's a phone number I try to get back to them in a lot more timely manner, but I have a job and work on the cars too - really don't spend a lot of time doing e-mails.

Chelle

Guest Spanky

Thanks for the input, and thanks for Thunder's phone #. Does anyone have an opinion (loaded question) on which kit looks better ? Which one has better lines, or more closely resembles the original ?

Thanks

I think the Thunder Ranch kit is closer to the real thing. It has a hood vs tilt front like the V/R and the nose looks more like the origional to me. Keep in mind, none of the Z based kits are going to fool anybody in the know. The doors and roof/windshield aren't even that close when you compare them side by side.

I chose the V/R kit because I wanted a 60's style V8 roadster but felt there were already too many AC Cobras running around in Atlanta.

Good luck, I hope you get a kit and join us on the GTO builders thread.

Guest Spanky
I think the Thunder Ranch kit is closer to the real thing. It has a hood vs tilt front like the V/R and the nose looks more like the origional to me. Keep in mind, none of the Z based kits are going to fool anybody in the know. The doors and roof/windshield aren't even that close when you compare them side by side.

I chose the V/R kit because I wanted a 60's style V8 roadster but felt there were already too many AC Cobras running around in Atlanta.

Good luck, I hope you get a kit and join us on the GTO builders thread.

Yeah not looking to fool anyone, I just had the privliage of seeing one of these rare beasts live and loved the lines. As I have seen a ton of Lammborghini replica's (and hated most of them), the lines were terrible, so I'd hate to see a GTO replica with ugly lines.