HybridZ

need some help

plexus

i think i asked this in another thread some where but got no help, does anyone no where i can get a instrument cluster that goes past the 85 mark. i dont have the digital one i just want to change the old one out (up date the speedometer). i have looked on ebay but i just find the one i currently have installed also is the a aftermarket replacement for it(i got a buddy with a 78 280z with autometer guages). all help is greatly welcome.

140mph units do pop up on eBay every once and while but overall not that often, your best bet is the aftermarket speedo. And besides why do you need to know how fast you are going over 85 anyway.

^^^thanks for the info but to answer you. going to 85 is no problem in any car i own but 110 120 130 etc those are statements. its more just a convenice to say "yea i've taken her up to 110 before", instead of saying "well after 85 my speedo toped out so i dont know how fast she'll go." so does any one know of some aftermarket units that will pop in.

Guest drr999

well ièm right there with you on why you need the 140mph speedo but i am gonna need one that goes higher. iv gone up to 160mph and want to go faster. what you need to do is find a canadian spec 280zx and it should have the speedo that you are lookin for. i have seen a couple here in the wreckers, dont know if the speedos were still in them or not but they go up to 140mph.

I don't know of any that will "pop" in but you can always put it in a pod somewhere in the car, and besides the stock speedo in any car is not very accurate up that high anyway.

i didnt mean pop in litarely, i thought about a pod some where but i dont want to loose the factory look with extra gauges poking out it really dosnt need it to be spot on accurate just close to real speed. the only extra gauge i want visable is maybe a boost meter but then again i can trash the clock pod. as for the tach i can get a gismo for the tach light.