HybridZ

What suspension for my SR20 240Z?

I had, but it's kinda varying depending on who you listen to, I suppose.

Exactly! It depends on each individual car and swap! The weight difference and weight distribution difference between a NA L6 that's been moved back and down in the engine compartment and a good SR20DET install is on the order of a 100lbs. and 1%.

Where some of the misconceptions regarding the SR20DET sawp come in is comparing a swapped and modified SR20 install with the owners original, all stock L6 setup. Comparing a stock 240Z with a L6 to a modified 240Z with a SR20DET misleading.

• 2 weeks later...

good lord guys are we going to have another schooling by John?

Please listen to what he has to say!

Come on guys please... the difference of weight between the L28 and SR20DET is in your installs..literally.. it has been proven.

Granted the motor is mounted farther back(depending on mounts) and it does give the wheel a lighter feel at lower speeds.

I don't think for the people with full interiors really need to worry about the weight of the motors.

To the original post, I am really in the same boat you are with the SR20, my plans are as follows.

Complete Bushing set

EMI camber adjustment

Tokico Illumina's

GC coilovers (225 front/250 rear)

and suspension techniques sways.

Please do what you think will work for you.

Suspension is only as good as it is setup.

And whenever John has something to say you can bet it has the most weight that can be had behind it.

Well, I ended up going with my original plans. I have Eibach lowering springs, Tokico HPs, MSA front sway bar, and i have yet to install the rear sway bar.

The only problem i forse is that the MSA rear sway bar won't clear my 3" exhaust! I believe that if i get the ST rear sway bar, it would fit with no problems at all. But, I'm going to get a second opinion on that one.

As for how it handels, MUCH MUCH BETTER. I have no problems with speed turns, and the car only dips slightly if at all in hard cornering. The one problem though that i have now . . .

My steering wheel rattles at speeds from 50 - 100 mph. Sometimes it will rattle at 50, sometimes it won't. I have the poly steering coupler, and poly steering rack bushings, so i'm kinda lost. All tie rods and ball joints were replaced not even 4 months ago. My suspension guy says i need to have the front end balanced with the tires on the car?!?! I've never heard of that. So, I'm going to drop it off at my local shop and they are going to do a complete check over and make sure everything is as it should be.

I think it could be that when i had them switch out my rotors and pads, they didn't tighten one of the nuts tight enough around the spindle and its causing the car to wobble at higher speeds?