HybridZ

removing b pillar covers

vrocious

does anybody know(i'm sure there is definately more then one) how to safely remove the outer b pillar cover in my 280 2+2 i've got the haynes manual as i want to remove my rear glass to get a decent tint on it (old one is crap) but to get full access i need to remove the glass. the manual just simply states remove the cover then undo the screws for the glass but how do i "remove the cover" i can pull corners out a bit but can just see myself snapping it. is there a technique or is the manual neglecting something? thanks

On the interior trim piece of the B pillar, there is a single round plastic cap covering a nut. Remove the plastic cap, remove the nut being careful not to drop it down inside the trim panel. This nut is what's holding the pillar trim on. There are also about 6 little plastic tabs on the back side of the outter pillar trim that fit into plastic inserts in the holes that align the trim piece.

Hope that splains it well enuf.