HybridZ

Which Brake Upgrade???

I would like some expert opinions on brake upgrade's for a 240Z....

I have read almost all there is to on different kits and what not, but would like real opinions on what works, and what works well.

I have been leaning towards the Arizona Z-Car 5-lug racing brake kit. I don't mind spending the $$ for the best, but I'm just not sure what that is. The car will be used for street and track.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Guest Anonymous

Boholeo, For the fronts. Blue Oval Z (Terry) has a great website on a low cost all Datsun/Nissan front conversion that could include 5 lug studs, The cheapest could be the early 1979-85 Toyota 4X4 easy bolt on calipers. The later Toyota 4X4 calipers would be the heaviest. For the rears Stock OEM drums or 240 SX calipers for a disc brake setup. Ross C or Mike SCCA can set you up with special brackets for the 240sx conversion plus a "lot" of other "outlaw" performance brake parts with a lot of assistance in the conversion of their parts.

Guest Anonymous

Tomohawk, what is the specific advantage of going to 5 stud wheels? Cheaper rims? Performance? Is there saftey issues w/ 4studs @ high HP/Speed? As i'll probably forget I posted this, could you PM or email me....Preicate the info.

wheel choice is the main reason for 5 lug...

as far as AZZ brake upgrades they are no different than mine and in my "biased" opinion mine are better.. ( better rotors) unless you like all those ZZZ in theirs. their rotors are much lighter duty. and the claipers are no different..

go by feedback i have more people using mine and someone who has driven cars with both and for some reason the setup i sold had better pedal feel and stopping than the other car.. this is in the forum here somewehere a few months back

Guest digitalz

mike (scca) has good stuff and good prices. i have gotten coilovers and brakes from him.

i have done business with him and have been very pleased with the service. should've gotten the braided lines from him cuz i spent 2 days going to all of the 3 auto supply stores on kauai and scrounging fittings from totally messed up little drawers in these stores. but like i always say there is nothing out here parts wise...well, there is still sunshine happening. hehe!!

here is a pic of mine when i was installing

new_brakes2.jpg

kent

Guest Anonymous

im not too concerned about how soon i would need pads, more so that i could get them in another5 or 10 years. i wouldnt want to change brake setups again just cause i couldnt get pads

nic

these pads will always be available -- its a VERY common race pad and wilwood and outlaw and JFZ and another use the same pad so no way it will ever be NA..

offset doesnt change on the 4 lug setups as on the car shown above

Guest Anonymous

I have read that with some conversions to disc brakes that you need to change out the porp. brake valve and possibly to a ZX master cylinder. Is this necessary if you are going with the 240SX brakes and brackets or just for the race version?

Also does anyone know if the r200 rear end from the 200sx turbo is a direct bolt up for a Z? I believe that is a 4.11 gear ratio?

Travis