HybridZ

Hydraulic Lift

Challenger

Well Ive been constantly thinking of future projects once my cars on the road and one of these was installing some kind of built in hydraulic jacks on the frame rails like Formula 1, etc. I know that race cars that use this are really low to the ground and have very little suspension travel therefore the hydraulics wouldnt have to travel far, and a Z would require probably a foot of travel to raise the car.

Just wanted to get others opinion on this. I know very little about hydraulics and Ill be doing some research in the next couple days but this is what Ive come up with so far.

Add a pulley to the motor to drive a pump or use electric power to turn the hydraulic pump. Which would be best, my guess would be the electric?

Mount the hydraulics to the rear framerails/Above rear mustache bar.(pretty sure its called that)

Not sure on front mounting, its late so Ill look tomorrow.

If I do this it wont be for quite awhile, and it may not even be much benefit but I thought Id ask about it and see others opinions.

My car is rust free so mounting to the frame wont be a problem.:)

• 9 months later...