HybridZ

240-280 parts interchange?

I'm not sure what the piece is called, but I'm looking for this:

large501752vt5.jpg

I realize that's on a 240Z. I just need to know what it's called.

And while I'm at it, I want the whole setup: turn signals, lower metal airdam/whatever piece, bumper, bumper supports, grill, etc.

What all is involved with the changeover? Does it all just bolt right up? A quick search (My search-fu is weak) returned nothing in regards to switching a 280Z to a 240Z front styling. Has nobody done this before?

simpler (and better looking IMO) to get a urethane* airdam from MSA.

*why isnt it "an urethane?"

Can you find a car in the JY? best bet would be to examine the mounting points for yours, and if you wind up finding a 240Z and not a 280 then consider picking up the turnb signals and going for the 240 turn signal look.. or use the 240 turn signals as lights to illuminate that corner that come on with the turn signal.

In short, If it looks like it will bolt up to your car, it will. It may require more work than just the sheetmetal swap if its from a 240 though.

simpler (and better looking IMO) to get a urethane* airdam from MSA.

*why isnt it "an urethane?"

Because "an" is used before a vowel to provide a smooth transition into the vowel sound. Example "an orange" is smoother sounding than "a orange" ("uh orange") which is almost a stutter.

Urethane sounds like "yoorathane", so already has a smooth ramp up. If it sounded "urrethane" as in "upward" then it would need "an".

Isn't English wonderful?

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, sorry to raise a thread from the dead, but would anyone mind giving some further clarification as to the work involved in switching the lower valence? and also if the bumper mounts are in the same location as the early z bumpers. May be trading for a late model 260 in the near future, but love the early z front fascia.

• 3 weeks later...