HybridZ

Turbo set up

abes

Hey guys, I need your opinion on which turbo I should go with. I've got an rb25det /280zx which i'm putting together and would like to get about 425 +/- to the wheels. I already bought a few of the mods but i'm not sure which turbo to go with. I searched the forum and found that that alot of people are running the gt35r and seem to be very happy with it. I've concidered it but i dont know which trim and a/r to go with. Its going to be a street driven car (about 16lbs) so i would like to keep the lag down to as much as possible. I also want to make sure that i'm not pushing the turbo to its limit, meaning that it i wanted to turn up the boost to 20lbs its not going to be coughing out a lung.

I'm going to run stock internals with a cometic 1.2 head gasket,arp head studs, injectors are going to in the 600-660's, greddy intake/90mm tb, & a haltech e11. I also bought an hks exh manifold but i dont know if it would fit in the car without hitting the steering arm so its an iffy. Ive tried calling speed shop thagard to find out about the header they have on there web site but have'nt been able to get anyone to return my calls so If anyone knows of any other way of contacting them, please let me know.

Let me know what you guys think, especially from those of you that are running the gt's in your rb25. I'm open to any suggestions...Thanks

some members may tell you to search and pick a turbo based on your purpose for the car but since we have the same HP goal and I have been trying to guage what Journal Bearing Turbo people are going with for ~400 to the wheels I will say

In for an answer.

That being said I believe the .82 ar is the choice pick---however I can be wrong.