HybridZ

I gained 12 Lbs! (Fuell Cell)

Datsun350Z

Interesting. How many gallons is that fuel cell? Can you get rid of all the evap and resevoir stuff with the fuel cell? I am currently planning on doing the fuel area and can't decide weather a cell or a new tank is the way to go. Out of curiosity, how did you fasten the metal plate+cell to the actual body? Weld?

12 pounds wont make a damn of a difference...

what was the theory?! 100 lb = 1/10 of a second?

the fuel cell is so low.. it wont affect handling..

then again look at Mazda who made their rear view mirror from composite to save a few grams because of how high the cg was. Bull poop.. just a stupid advertisement

Interesting. How many gallons is that fuel cell? Can you get rid of all the evap and resevoir stuff with the fuel cell? I am currently planning on doing the fuel area and can't decide weather a cell or a new tank is the way to go. Out of curiosity, how did you fasten the metal plate+cell to the actual body? Weld?

It's an 8 gallon. The dimensions and shape are great, I'd like an extra 2 gallons, but no big deal to me.

V8 = No emissions for me.

It's currently not tied into the car. I'm looking for some good looking fasteners to use. When I do I'm going to try to use 4 fasteners, 1 at each corner and run a bead of some silicone, or similar sealant. I thought about welding, but it's enough of a pain to take out how it is and if for some reason I have to take it out, I'd rather not break welds to do it.

Yeah... $18/sf for aluminum, $11/sf for steel, And mine was rusty and free/sf from the guy who did my exhaust. A half hour with a wire wheel and it looked much better, then a coat of paint and it looks like I bought it that way.

I know the 12 lbs won't do anything...

Over the rear tires is still the best place for it if it has to be there.:burnout: