HybridZ

To all the wiring experts

Guest 89firebirdformula

Guest 89firebirdformula

I have a 95 lt1 engine in a 89 firebird formula and I have mostly everything hooked up except for the wiring. I have to hook up the engine wiring harness to the firebird body harness. Can anyone maybe tell me the best way to do this?

Guest 89firebirdformula

yeah i do i was just hoping someone would be nice enough to maybe tell me what wires i would have to hook together from the lt1 into the 89 firebird

• Administrators

First off, welcome to HybridZ.

I’ll be straight up with you here. This forum is dedicated to the Datsun/Nissan 240-Z, 260-Z, 280-Z, 280-ZX, 300-ZX, and 350-Z cars, in particular Z cars with some form of extreme modification to the power train and/or suspension. Some times, (and this is rare), the discussion of another vehicle other than the Z will come up, which is ok. But diagnosing, troubleshooting, and maintenance issues regarding other cars really isn't what HybridZ is about, even those same questions pertaining to the Datsun/Nissan Z car.

Questions pertaining particularly to the engine and its wiring, you’ll have more luck finding answers to, not so much with the Firebirds body wiring. You might try one of the F-body forums as they should have that Firebird body wiring harness answer.

I’ll leave this thread open just in case we have a die hard F-body guru on this forum that can help out.

Good luck and again, welcome to HybridZ,

Paul

89firebirdformula,

I am not an expert but here is a link that should get you going.

Danno74Z

"Lt1 into 3rd Gen swap wiring"

By Oneslowz28

"I do not hold any liability to damage to any property. This write up is just a reference guide to help you wire up your car. You should always double check the wiring schematics in the factory service manuals.

If you follow these instructions your car will start up on the first try. This write up was made using the 3rd Gen C100 bulkhead connector I highly suggest using yours or going to a junkyard and getting another one. All you will need is the side that is not part of the headlight harness you can leave that on your car. This write up was made using A lt1 from a 94 with a 94 wiring harness and a 94 ECU, and under hood relay/ fuse block. . Other years may be different but this will work with a 95."

Here is the Link:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474185

• 1 year later...

Paul, this is Larry from Sandy High. Do you know where I could find some wiring instructions for getting this 93 LT1 wired to my 240Z. I have the engine in and the factory harness just laying there and I am trying to figure out where all the wires go, if they go any where. I know that 12 Volts is required but where and what else is needed. I know someone has done this swap and probably has the answers. I know that this is probably easier to do than it looks. Just need some direction