HybridZ

a cry for help...help me!

CantZme

Well, it's been a 2 year ordeal and I still have almost no clue what I'm doing. I bought an MS v2.2 back in 2005 and have spent countless hours trying to run it on the l28et in my 260, but have never successfully started it. I've recieved help from mobythevan multiple times(much thanks), but it seems like I don't know enough about megasquirt or my car to be nosediving into this whole megasquirt deal. As the car sits, it won't start, and when I turn the key I get a fast clicking sound that I think might be coming from the injectors. My initial though was that the firmware was corrupt so using the easy them I tried reloading the firmware. Using the appropriate COM port and utilizing the bootloader I still get an error message stating a boot error. I'm kinda stuck, an ideas? I really just want to get this running and lay the smack down on some local ♥♥♥♥ talking EG6 hatches. Any information is helpful because I'm kind of lost at this point.

Even clicking injectors should be relatively quiet. If you have a battery charger hook it up.

Put a voltmeter on the battery and see what you've got ( before hooking up the charger) and check out the simple stuff first. Like the battery cables and grounds.

I just did a MSII install and had all kinds of problems that turned out to be external to the box itself.

There are ways to mess up the flash in the processor chip so that you are no longer able to load firmware. There is a bootable section that is always loaded from Bowling/Grippo using a socket programmer for the 68HC processor chip. I am not saying that is what happened, just something fo you to check in to since it won't boot.

If it happens you have to either send the chip back to someone with the socket programmer, or buy another processor. I thought about buying one of the programmers for $50, but I never corrupted the boot section of the code on a chip yet.

naviathan, i do not have a stim at the moment and i think u might be right about the battery. My battery doesn't seem to hold a charge and I need to recharge it everytime I mess with this thing. I will check all of the above mentioned this weekend as I don't have access to the car on the weekdays, thanks for all your help guys.