HybridZ

Coil-Overs... 93 Integra on 280z

OK so before you even tell me to use the search feature just hold up and read this.

My friend got new suspension on his 93 integra... he had a coil-over setup on his car and replaced it w/ a tokico matched strut and spring racing set.

He gave me his old strut assembly w/ coilover already on it for free. cheers.gif Now i know the rear i'll have to do some custom work to get to fit.. but the front looks like it will pop right in

I was wondering if anybody knew if the strut would be too short? i'll measure tomorrow it's raining right now.. but it only looked like 15" long (just a guess)

anybody familar w/ these?

Guest Anonymous

If the uncompressed spring height is 10 inches, they are useable but the spring rate maybe questionable. The adjusting sleeves may have to be machined out slightly to fit the 280 strut tube but may fit the 240 without machining. Just about all the adjusting nuts are interchageable to the adjusting sleeves with the acme threads.The strut cartridges may present the biggest problem of FIT but you have all the ingredients for coil overs

sweet... yeah i'm not gonna use the integra struts.. but i was wondering if you knew the outside diameter of a 240 strut of mabye one of the MR2 struts running around? the springs are heavy duty.. the sticker on them says "450P" which i'm assuming is 450 lbs.. which is what it felt like in my friends car 2thumbs.gif

Just one observation I have about Honda springs, some companies I have seenn make for a very dangerous package on the road. The total spring length is so damned short, as soon as the car hits a bump it stacks all the coils together and bottoms out. This can totally upset the cars handling, especially with a young rookie driver thinks his new lower honda is super trick with new suspension.

Guest Anonymous

I do not know the dimensions of a 240 strut...maybe someonelse will have that info since I have 280 which is larger. (2.04 outside diameter ???) The sleeves and adjusting nuts are about $15.00 a piece and lighter weight and appropriate height springs can be had for $35.00 to 40.00 a piece.

Guest Anonymous

Thanx Avitorex. I wrote down the different strut cartridge outside diameter info in the JTR manual for future reference. I pieced my coilovers together from various sources. The adjusting sleeves were Bilstein off Racer's Auction and had to be bored out slightly for the 280 struts. The springs were 10 inch Carerra off E Bay. And Ross C supplied the spring perch and aluminum hats.

• 2 weeks later...

OK... so seeing as i can' find a reliable machine shop w/ good prices. I have decided to kick out the Honda/Acura coilover idea... springs are too short to be safe.. and to get longer springs w/ hats would be something like 332 all round.. so it's kinda pointless. I've elected to go w/ the 1" drop springs from MSA. oh well

ED