HybridZ

Greddy intake manifold...english instructions?

streeteg

no i'm still using the 30 year old original vacuum brake booster 1 way check valve >_<

it's part of the car basically. if you look at your brake booster, and follow that hose towards the hood latch. right there is where the check valve is, kind of secured to the firewall, then the other end of the hose runs to the top bung on your greddy manifold. if you look at the picture in my sig, it's on the firewall right behind where my o2 sensor sticks out of the top of my downpipe. that's where it's located.

A few things about that tho...

1. I have the line going straight to the master cyl

2. it was like that on the stock manifold so boost was going into the cyl---prob not good.

3. I have 3/8 line coming off my intake maniofld and also going into the master cyl--- but the check valve you can get at pep boys is significantly smaller--- where can i get a bigger one?

It looks like I had the hose off the 240! haha so I wasnt as beat as I thought I was.... however after I finished everything last night there were a few things that I was curious about...

1. A harness clip that doesnt go anywhere...

2. The size of the hose coming out of hte intake---

3. Fuel rail position on the greddy....

Pics will follow once the rain lets up today.

Well here are the pictures.

The first is the fuel rail----If I tighten the bolts all the way down it seems that the injector harness will rest against the runners on the intake....When i had it first tightened down I couldnt even connect the clips---so I had to loosen it and bring it back up--- did I have to bend the tabs? Run some spacers? or should I just go ahead and tighten it all the way down?

FR.JPG

The next is the blue clip coming out of the engine harness... I marked all the clips (or at least I thought I did so I am not sure where this one came from? Look familiar to anyone? I dont want to turn the car over with something important missing.... especially with the lack of a check engine light lol

harness.JPG

harness1.JPG

the blue plug is for your idle air control valve air regulator valve, it's the goofy thing that's bolted to the bottom of the stock manifold.

there are plastic washer/spacer's that sit inbetween the fuel rail and the manifold, you can use metal washers, just something to take up the gap.

• 2 years later...