HybridZ

Assistance / Help with a timing problem

DJ Nexxus

well first off I have an L24 in a C32 Laurel (working to get a Z :)) and the cyliner head gasket blew, we changed it ok, but the tensioner fell out, we opened the front cover and had to go and retime the engine, I got it working, but I was off by two teeth, on correcting this mistake, I got the engine working, but right now when the engine starts it sounds like a connecting rod bearing is worn, as soon as the oil pressure comes up, the noise goes away and the timing chain begins to make a noise like it is "running" against a piece of metal.....anyone have any ideas on what could be my problem?...or ever had a similar problem?....thanks in advance

When my chain slipped and the tensioner popped out it came out at an angle and bent the spring. Didn't happen to notice if the spring was bent or not? Could be causing the tensioner to stick until the pressure is high enough to push it.

I honestly can't say what it could be except maybe a bad rod bearing. How did the head gasket blow? Over rev/over heat?