HybridZ

Best Shoes for Street Use

this may be useless info but a friend told me that Napa's top of the line brake pads/shoes are a pretty good carbon metallic. He went searching for his cherokee when the usual pads weren't stopping well. This is where I'll start looking when my Z gets back on the ground.

Perry

Dan

I am running OEM Nissan shoes now with KVR pads up front. The left rear started locking up so I pulled the drums and discovered a small amount of grease from the backing plate got onto the right set of shoes. I sanded both left and right shoes and there is no sign of grease. I readjusted the rears and got even braking for awhile, but now the left rear is starting to lock before the right side again. I am thinking that I may just replace the shoes, but wanted to know if there is a better performing shoe for street use available. Most people have suggested just staying with the OEM shoes.

Also, how important is bench bleeding the master cylinder? After installing a new MC the pedal travels a bit far before it firms up. Does bench bleeding the MC make much difference in pedal firmness?

Thanks

Miles

I made a mistake, it was Autozone, not NAPA. friend said ask for their top of the line pads, they are a blue and silver box and marked carbon metallic. he has had great results with them on his jeep cherokee (if you've never driven an early-mid 90's one they don't stop).

Also I've heard the recommendation for nissan shoes a few times too, are they any good?

Perry