HybridZ

questions on injectors and computers

triple B

Out of curiosity how much does a greddy emanage ultimate, powerfc and safc cost? Just wondering how much of a difference they are from a full standalone.

You could always go with a used standalone, I am sure someone on the board has one.

well i can get the emanage ultimate from my nismo for $499 and the harness kit for $99

i am seeing the power FC for around $700 and i am not sure if it has everything i need and i think i have to spend another hundred or more on the pro set ( correct me if i am wrong)

i am have not looked into the safc so i not sure on cost. the system has to be able to use and run the bigger injectors i am putting in. thats my main concern

i have not looked yet to see if anybody has a used one. i have been lookin on ebay but most the people on there want 2 times the cost for it

Will you still have to run a MAF with the greddy emanage, safc and pro fc? If so dont forget to get a better one of those~$100.

here's a good website for PowerFC information that I found a while back. Probably THE most informative yet, even moreso than Apex'i themselves. Go Figure.

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

Also, if you want to run anything other than the PowerFC MAP sensor, you'll have to go with a D-Jetro edition, rather then L-Jetro (standard).

Now that they're discontinued, D-Jetro is even harder to find, since people go with the MAP sensor tune most of the time.

well not having to set it up is the big one. most good systems i have seen have a baseline map that is specific to the car so its plug and play. alos there is software support from the company and depending on the EMS they have some "bell and whislte" features as i like to call them

like i think its the power fc (may be the greddy) that you canjust plug in a target fuel ratio and the computer does the adjustments

i don't have the perseverance to deal with megasquirt