HybridZ

383TT Build *56k Warning*

• 2 weeks later...

Alright after discussing this with my Dad for a good while, I'm not sure the Z is the best place for my mill. My 240 is in decent shape and has had the floors and frame rails replaced by me recently and the only rust that remains is on non-structural parts of the body. But he voiced serious concerns about whether the chassis itself will handle what I am trying to do, the idea being a serious track car with some street use. I think he may be right, although I love my Z to death I don't know if I trust it as far as I want to push it. So what do you think? I am looking at this more from a safety standpoint than anything else. From your experiences is the Z going to be able to do what I want to do or am I better off using the Camaro I just bought?

It's not that the HP bothers me that much I know there are guys making a hell of alot more power than I will it's just I don't know if I trust throwing a 35 year old car hard into a corner. But if I was to do that of course I would prep it first. I think I'll finish the motor first and go from there. Maybe this can in the Camaro and the supercharged VG I've been pondering can go in the Z. I suppose I'll have plenty of time to think about though. I appreciate your input , the Z is always going to be my favorite car but sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself if what your doing is really a good idea.

It's not that the HP bothers me that much I know there are guys making a hell of alot more power than I will it's just I don't know if I trust throwing a 35 year old car hard into a corner. But if I was to do that of course I would prep it first. I think I'll finish the motor first and go from there. Maybe this can in the Camaro and the supercharged VG I've been pondering can go in the Z. I suppose I'll have plenty of time to think about though. I appreciate your input , the Z is always going to be my favorite car but sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself if what your doing is really a good idea.

any car can break at any point in time. No matter how new or old.