HybridZ

2+2 engine trouble

krodgers

So here's my dilemma... I try to start my car and all it does is turn over, but it doesn't fire. It's turning over real strong. I can get it started if i spray carb cleaner into the intake, but that is only if the engine is cold. I can get it cranked and drive it somewhere and then turn it off, and try to crank it again it never fires... even if I shoot it with the carb cleaner. It's getting spark to the plugs and gas is flowing through the fuel filter. I don't know that much about engines, but a friend said that the plugs looked like the engine was running lean.

Hmmm so you are getting fire to the spark plugs, but no ignition. I would look at the AFM (air flow meter) the box on your air intake before the intake manifold. I had mine go sour on me and it would take me 20min to get mine started. Also check your basic like distributor cap and plug wires and timing.

I'm thinking that it is my air flow meter. I have had a little trouble in the past. My mechanic said that there was a bad wire or something electrical wrong with it last time, but he is about 9 hours away now, so he can't look at it. I might have to call him up and ask exactly what was wrong with it. Did you have to replace your AFM... if you did, how much did it cost?