HybridZ

Just cause i said i would LOL

Z U L8R

hmmm, yall got me thinking now. i didn't feel any gain in doing the grand nat coils. really the only benefits are not retaining heat with the valve cover cover, easy access to plugs, and easy fix for ignition problems. but as far as strength of spark i don't think the grand nat is any better than stock coil on plugs. very interesting.

i'm using the stock ignitor, then the coil pack subharness that plugs in the other end of the ignitor goes to my grand nat coil pack, so that'd be plug n play.

so you're saying get aftermarket z06 coils?

I don't think it's a necessity. Your car seems to be doing just fine.

Don't use that as an excuse to lose to a high powered z06 :P

I can draw the diagrams for each one too =)

Ron Tyler has posted the wiring diagrams for the LSx coils. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126189.

It should be very easy to wire in some LSx coils to any RB. That and if you have a series 1 rb25 you can eliminate the factory ignitor, which can be a pita to source for a decent price. I think I will put some LSx coils on mine this winter. Hell you buy them brand new from napa for ~$40 each.

Ron Tyler has posted the wiring diagrams for the LSx coils. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=126189.

It should be very easy to wire in some LSx coils to any RB. That and if you have a series 1 rb25 you can eliminate the factory ignitor, which can be a pita to source for a decent price. I think I will put some LSx coils on mine this winter. Hell you buy them brand new from napa for ~$40 each.

If you're going to buy them for 40 dollars a piece, then get the Accel corvette coils. They're supposed to be a little better than the standard:

Primary Resistance: 0.2 Ohms

Secondary Resistance: 6.7 k Ohms

Turns Ratio: 92:1

Maximum Voltage: 48,000 Volts

Peak Increase in Energy vs. OE: 11%

Peak Increase in Voltage vs. OE: 7%

Buy from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Accel-HEI-Remote-Mount-Super-Coil-96-04-GM-Chevy-Truck_W0QQitemZ280161626554QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33689QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

However, a good point someone brought up (or can't remember if I just thought of it at this point) but I'm guessing the dwell setting on the coil is mis-matched from the factory dwell setting, so it might not be a good idea to upgrade to these Accel coils just incase one goes flat on a long trip. For the price, you could always keep one spare handy in the trunk somewhere. They're not that big.