HybridZ

240z w/ RB26 - weight distribution?

I looked through the archives, but I don't know if we've discussed the issue of what the heavier RB block and accessories do to the weight distribution of a Z. I'm sure the V8 guys have looked into this but those engines usually sit farther back behind the front cross member. The addition of a roll cage will help a bit, but any other suggestions or ideas on what could be to make the car as neutral as possible.

Since I'm not interested in making a drag strip dedicated car, maintaining its ability to corner well is key.

Thanks,

Matt

Originally posted by BLKMGK:

You SURE it's heavier? My V8 came out weighing about what the old L6 did! :eek:

No, I think he means that the RB is heaver then the L6, and the additional weight of the RB motor with all the accessories possibly has a detrimental effect on handling--he's asking the question if anyone has really thought about it. The V8 weight is farther back, even if the whole thing was cast iron, and lends itself better in weight distribution then the RB engine does. Our V8's have a lot of aluminum parts, which make them roughly equal to the L6 (or darn close) in weight. You just can't beat that IMO.

It would be cool to weigh Stony's car to find out was hist weight distribution is.

Davy

Oops, sorry for the less than clear question. ugg.gif

What DavyZ said is what I meant to get at. The RB block relative to the L6 is significantly more stout and with DOHC plus turbos and intercooler this could amount to a hundred plus extra pounds on the front of the car.

Stony or Cuong - did you have your cars weighed to determine the weight distribution or make any specific mods to keep the car neutral?

Thanks

Rbs have iron block and alloy head yer...

i suppose it would be around the same weight as a L28et, if someone has specs on that, it would possible be around that, give or take a few lbs