HybridZ

front and rear bumpers

bakerzxt

i have an 83 zx turbo and i don't like the way the front and rear bumpers look as much as the early z's looked. i love the way the front end looks on the early z cars that have sick front air dams on them. i also kno that the bumpers on the zx weigh a lot. so i want to kno if i can install the bumper from an early z on a zx.

The 280ZX is wider. The 240Z bumper curves around the sides so no, they really won't fit widthwise. Besides that, of course you can customize the bumper mounts any way you choose.

The MSA II kit looks good in my opinion on the 280ZX. It smooths out the bumpers front and rear. There aren't a lot of options for the 280ZX

if you are confident with yourself doing body work you can do what i am doing. i also like the wide mouth early z front airdams. so what i did was got the msa body kit. took my bumper supports out and chopped the top section out of the body kit. this allows me to bolt the bumper on. but still have a large front opening. the only thing that is tough about it is the turn signal holes are right where you cut. so you can fill those and cover them. then find a different location for the blinkers.