HybridZ

first post, Nissan Supercharging

Guest agentc73

Guest agentc73

Hello ALL!

First I don't own a Z car, YET.

BUT... I own a Early '86 720, which I love dearly

Meistro mobile4_thumb.jpg

Early plans for supercharging... Hope ya don't hate!!

Turbos=$,

And I'm too old Skool. Junkyard finds...

pic of my Holley 350 CFM on the Naps Z24,

NissHolley_thumb.jpg

and the insane anime roadster custom bodywork,

electric Blue 2 1/2 inch sidepipe...

Other than the Body work, gotta 4 cyl. T-bucket feel.

My question is, has anyone ran an Eaton M62, LONG TERM, wet?

Maybe if ya changed Oil a bit more often?

Those are 150 bucks, and 250 Appx hp potential...

Holley 390 CFM $150

Boost retard, $100

Fuel pump, $50

500-1000 bucks for 200 HP??

And I'd rather discover, than spend...

And I would guess without O-rings, I'd have to keep boost down to 5 psi or so.

Or suggestions for Frankenstein Fuel Injection+blower?

Up it to an M90?

I've seen that crazy Eaton Blown full race Z... Straight up Tasty

What can the wise gurus share, for the Love of NisMo...?

You should consider editing your second post in this thread if you really want the great folks of this forum to seriously consider your question and offer some useful advice.

Like PJ says, there is usually quite a bit of discussion in this subforum, but at the moment it is kind of slow. And as far as knowledge base goes, like he said most of our collective know-how is focused on Zcars (hence the name of the forum). Your car falls outside of that range, and although it is a Nissan, most of us will need a little more info to help you out properly. What engine does it have? Displacement?

It sounds like you want a roots style blower rather than a centrifugal style SC, which will involve either a) building an intake manifold to mount the SC on, or B) mounting the SC on a "stand" that you can route inlet and outlet air pipes to. Option a) might not be to hard if you can somehow adapt it to the intake manifold where the carb sits. But option B) would allow for intercooling, but would basically rule out carbs. Which brings us to fuel delivery. Draw through carbs should work I think. Same idea as a TBI unit, which is what the JCR kit came with for the Z. If you want full control though, you might consider Megasquirt, or if you have big $$$ some other fancy standalone. Which would bring injectors into the picture as well as the possibility of water/alcohol injection instead of intercooling. Full timing control is nice too, no need for a timing retard device.

Running the SC long term should not be a problem, since they are stock parts right off other factory cars. But if you do buy a used one (not rebuilt/new) you never know how long it will last.

As far as $$ goes, I'm not sure you could do SC cheaper than Turbo, that's seems like a false assumption.

Guest agentc73

My bad. Thank you very much for responding, Sir, and, as you said, just a dumb 20 yr. old truck in a sea of Z's. :) It wouldn't let me edit the post, don't know why... But with the Holley and Exhaust, I've surprized more than one BMW Z3 and Eclipse Turbo. I was wondering about the blower WET, i.e. with a draw through carb, as factory they are not. Not afraid to fabricate anything at all, save an entire wiring harness or interior. Actually, I have been poking around, and have decided to go with a fuel injection setup. Drive ability. I'll be using a GSX-R 750 Throttle Body setup, and a Megasquirt as you suggested... Glad my Distributor is Optical. Rather similar to this neat little setup, ironically... http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Nissan_240SX_Performance_Modification/KA24DE_and_KA24E/ITB's Bought the M90, and it came with all the piping, TB, and INTERCOOLER. Don't want the cooler, so It's gonna be for sale, if it's any good.... Probably drive it at like 1/.95, till I can build a motor properly.

Guest agentc73

Approx. 1-1 Ratio...

Have a tensioner lying around, think it's 6 rib Ford.

Mustang fan drag racing buddy of mine('69 Fstbk, Stroker FE,10.57ET's) was near furious that I have Factory Forged internals...

Oh, yeah...

Windshield Fluid Injection as well...

150 PSI pump.

Subtract 50 Degrees on intake temp...

Can't wait to build the motor FOR Forced Induction...

Copper Head Gasket, Maybe?

NisMo or aftermarket??

Suggestions on this?

NapsZ24 truck blocks and internals are actually nice...

Have 3 of 'em...

And I can's see why 275 Hp isn't quite feasible, and reliable...

Less than a grand...