HybridZ

I didn't know the outputs switch on the ground???

big-phil

I just got megasquirt to work my fan. I thought I wired it up wrong? I had the output going to the + of my relay. Then after some time I thought what the hell I'll hook it up to the ground? BOOM it works!

Still can't get my tach to work, but now I'm wiring up a "shift light" to out put 2. I tryed it with my fan output and it works great!!

next I'm going to try to wire the megasquirt up to tell my meth pump when to come on.

I'm going to try a tach adapter for the tack?? I guess??

*sorry I can't edit the title "SWITCH" was the word I was looking for*

Do you have an MSD? If not you should be able to run your tach off the negative side of the coil.

also, yes megasquirt switches ground on everything. Thats why there are like 6 ground wires on the pigtail.

when I had my Accell super coil the tach worked off the neg side of the coil. Now I have a Mallory and now the tach jumps like crazy from the neg side of coil, most of the time it just sits at zero doing nothing.

Add a resistor from 6-10k ohm on the wire that goes to the tach.

Hopefully it isn't damaged (I've heard of that happening which is why you need the resistor).

Also, MS grounds all it's outputs, if it were to feed 12v I have a feeling it wouldn't be able to drive much due to the small traces.

I need to do the electric fan mod on mine...

Mario

Add a resistor from 6-10k ohm on the wire that goes to the tach.

Hopefully it isn't damaged (I've heard of that happening which is why you need the resistor).

Also, MS grounds all it's outputs, if it were to feed 12v I have a feeling it wouldn't be able to drive much due to the small traces.

I need to do the electric fan mod on mine...

Mario

Thanks, I'll run to Radio Shack tomorrow for maybe a resistor trimpot type thing. I just drove the car and the fan is fanning, the green l.e.d. is on with the meth, and I put a red l.e.d. that comes on at 5500rpm (when power starts to fall on the stock cam:icon50:)

I now feel like I'm starting to use megasquirt for what it was made for!