HybridZ

Source for speedo pinion gear?

X64v

As the title says. I need a red 20 tooth gear for the 4.11. I found this place, and the price is right on the gear, but $10 just for shipping? I'll do it if I have to, but first does anyone know of any other sources, or simply have that gear I could grab for a few bucks?

4 speed gears are longer than 5 speed gears, and there are two housings for each style depending on how many teeth are on the gear. Parts do not interchange between long and short or big and little offset housings. You may have more trouble than a $10 shipping charge ahead....

I have had no trouble swapping between 4 speed gears and 5 speed gears. I currently have a 4 speed gear in a 5 speed housing. I know there are early and late housings (one's black and one's gray), but are you saying there are two different black (early) housings, and two different gray (late) housings?

OK, you're right about the length. It is the sedan and Roadster 4 cylinder 4 speed that uses the longer gear and sleeve.

The short sleeve does come in two lengths though. 16-19 tooth has less offset than the 20-23 tooth one. Likely the original poster is converting from 18 or 19 teeth to 20 teeth.

Half credit each.