HybridZ

L26 with p90 head+turbo

Blobber

The l enigne calculator is good for standard parts, I used 2mm steel gasket which had larger bores, .5mm oversize New flat top pistons which had a slightly different deck height....it all added up to 8.35:1...the standard l28 with standard gasket and flat top pistons would have a CR of 8.52:1

Compression ratio is not where the problem is. Once you look at the parts dimension, the real problem becomes apparent.

L26 block + P90 head is a poor combo because the P90 chamber width(approx 86mm) is bigger than the L26 bore(83mm), that leads to a variety of problems.

will the valves hit the cylinder wall? that is a possibility if valve lift is high enough.

even if the valves clear the wall, you will have serious shrouding problem. Not to mention the step formed at the chamber wall-to-cylinder wall is bad for air flow and bad for uniform fuel distribution. You need a bore size that is as big or bigger than the P90 head chamber width(86mm).

Compression ratio is not where the problem is. Once you look at the parts dimension, the real problem becomes apparent.

L26 block + P90 head is a poor combo because the P90 chamber width(approx 86mm) is bigger than the L26 bore(83mm), that leads to a variety of problems.

will the valves hit the cylinder wall? that is a possibility if valve lift is high enough.

even if the valves clear the wall, you will have serious shrouding problem. Not to mention the step formed at the chamber wall-to-cylinder wall is bad for air flow and bad for uniform fuel distribution. You need a bore size that is as big or bigger than the P90 head chamber width(86mm).

Well, that's totally new thing to me. And obviously it makes sense, so then I have to forget p90 and n47. I'm surprised that you are the first one to tell me this. But now we are back to square one. Is there a EFI head with 83 bore? n42?

If I'm going to get a new engine, I'm going to ge L28ET as complete as possible. I had one seller, but I'm not sure what's going on with him. I asked from fourways engineering in uk and their prices were skyhigh comparing to getting the engine from states+delivery and taxes.