HybridZ

tire[s] needed toyo proxes t1s

got a flat on the way back from the convention and ran about 3 hours or so on my space saver maxima spare. anyway, my flat was not repairable-problem is they don't make the tire anymore so i've been searching to see if i can find a tire store somewhere hoping for the needle in the haystack.

it's a toyo proxes t1s, 245.35.17. i'd like to purchase a pair [left & right, 1 of each]. the new model is the t1r, readily available...

i've searched the internet, ebay and called our local tire wholesaler but without success.

if anyone can help i'd appreciate. my thoughts are to stay with the same tire as i was concerned about adverse effects on the handling...

i'm open to feedback/thoughts?

David, you might want to check the street rod community. I was at Charlotte Autofair last month and saw a vendor with stacks of T1S's. All new and in the larger sizes. I'm thinking, damn, I ought to by a set for my Z. Got a smaller set on one of my Honda's and like them a lot. I cannot remember who had them though. Just a thought............

chris