HybridZ

Recommended Body Repair Manuals

Guest Spanky

As the title says, just looking for some tried and true body shop type manuals that teach the basics of body work.

Thanks

It's not a body manual, but its an extremely good DIY paint book (which follows body work, no?) How to Paint Your Car on a Budget by Pat Ganahl. It's a great motivator once the body work is finished. Someone else can chime in about a body work book.

Davy

It's not a body manual, but its an extremely good DIY paint book (which follows body work, no?) How to Paint Your Car on a Budget by Pat Ganahl. It's a great motivator once the body work is finished. Someone else can chime in about a body work book.

Davy

He He, I look forward to painting, problem is I have got to learn all the ins and outs of rust removal, steel replacement, and finishing. But I will definately put that book on my list of "wow I got this far" books.

Books are fine, but really hands on work is how you will make the links. See if there is a local trades college that has some bodywork classes...then see if you can get a copy of the syllabus---they usually have a series of very good books for the classes. You can read up, then take the class to answer all the questions that will come from reading the books!

If you can get into the class, do so, you will be glad you did!