HybridZ

Good price?

hey guys i'm starting my build for my 383 stroker and was thinking that I wanted to use the T56 transmission for it. I have found this posting on a local car site. does this seem like a good deal for the transimission? and will there be anything else I will need to bolt to a '85 383 motor?

thanks

T56 and bellhousing with 56,000kms on,, McLeod twin disc clutch disc and pressure plate, brand new pilot bearing, clutch alignment tool, McLeod Adjustable Master Cylinder,hydraulics, pedals and switches, pro 5.0 short shifter, flywheel and bolts, cross member, BG Synchroshift II synthetic fluid saved with 8000kms on and 1 litre brand new, wire pigtails for speed sensor, reverse lights, brake switch & clutch pedal, shifter hole cover boot and screws... $2200 obo

jason

If you only want the transmission it's way overpriced.

If you are planning on using or selling the other stuff that comes with it it might be an ok deal.

Brand new is under $2500

Jegs has all applications for $2425

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_951784_-1_10561

Edit: On second thought why would you buy a used high performance trans with 50k on it? I doubt it's been babied.

Not worth taking chances for any more $ than a stock trans would run you.

If you found a similar one for under $1,000 i'd say jump on it, otherwise i'd buy new.

If you only want the transmission it's way overpriced.

If you are planning on using or selling the other stuff that comes with it it might be an ok deal.

Brand new is under $2500

Jegs has all applications for $2425

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_951784_-1_10561

Edit: On second thought why would you buy a used high performance trans with 50k on it? I doubt it's been babied.

Not worth taking chances for any more $ than a stock trans would run you.

If you found a similar one for under $1,000 i'd say jump on it, otherwise i'd buy new.

thanks for the inputm i'll keep looking.

jason