HybridZ

Narrowing my S14 subframe

Guest thebng

Anyone narrowed their S14? I got a situation where I want to narrow it 4" total or 2" on each side so my wide tires can tuck up under the body w/o using flares. Anyone done this mod yet? Hints, tricks? It seems to be pretty straight forward and I would then just have to have new axls fabbed.

Anyone narrowed their S14? I got a situation where I want to narrow it 4" total or 2" on each side so my wide tires can tuck up under the body w/o using flares. Anyone done this mod yet? Hints, tricks? It seems to be pretty straight forward and I would then just have to have new axls fabbed.

Are you saying you want to move the struts inboard? Generally Tires hit the struts first. It seems to me that if you were going to go through all the trouble of cutting everything out, moving it all inward and then having custom axles fabbed it would be about the same to go to solid axle (I assume this is a drag car). Actually if I wanted to build a big tire drag car I would skip that whole step and see if Stony's car is still for sale. Just my .02

Are you saying you want to move the struts inboard? Generally Tires hit the struts first. It seems to me that if you were going to go through all the trouble of cutting everything out, moving it all inward and then having custom axles fabbed it would be about the same to go to solid axle (I assume this is a drag car). Actually if I wanted to build a big tire drag car I would skip that whole step and see if Stony's car is still for sale. Just my .02

I want to keep my car a total sleeper with relatively the same suspension geometry only narrower to tuck the rear tires inboard and to keep a stock appearance at first glance. Straight axl would be totally easier if i only wanted straight line performance.

Another option is not cutting up the sub frame and using different offsett tires. You would want to get a hub to hub measurement first as I think the later model car were designed to run with more offset anyway. Could work.

Douglas