HybridZ

Best optio(auto->manual+l28et swap)

Blobber

What would be the best and easiest option, when I'm swapping L28ET to my 260z and I'm doing the automatic to manual conversion? I have searched that BW T5 would the absolute best option, but it requires modifications to transmission mounts and to the driveshaft. Also I can't use the original driveshaft. How about if I use 280z's 5-speed transmission? Will it bolt to the L28ET engine and then can I use the driveshaft which I have now and stock transmission mounts? Are the 280z'z 5-speed and the 280zx na's 5 speeds trannies the same?

Since I am feeling generous today, I'll hold on the search comment.

How about if I use 280z's 5-speed transmission? Will it bolt to the L28ET engine and then can I use the driveshaft which I have now and stock transmission mounts? Yes.

Are the 280z'z 5-speed and the 280zx na's 5 speeds trannies the same? No. The only significant difference in the gearing.

I searched, but as a foreigner it's harder to find right info because here is so much talking going on. Don't shoot or anything, but I have one question. Can I use the 280zx na's 5-speed with L28ET and my driveshaft L26+automatic combo? I know that BW T5 needs different driveshaft, but does the na's 5-speed need that?