HybridZ

how much for a custom z31 harness

Guest damn240z

Guest damn240z

Im asking the consensus what they think a "reasonable" price should be for a "custom" plug and play z31 harness...

What I have done for my friends and I is I built a "stand alone" fuel injection harness that you can connect to positive switched and unswitched power source and a ground sources then to each pre labeled wires to theyre corresponding sensor. There are a few choices but what Im using a 87 NON TURBO computer, harness connectors that I cut 14" back and soldered to high quality wires(shielded wires where needed), wired to nissan and quick release connectors from salvaged vehicles(ie. MAF, CAS,TPS,Head temp sensor,Power transitor,O2, and Ign coilwires.). If you need the dizzy encoder,ecu,temp sensor,power transistor,tps,maf, O2, or coil I can find one around here for you. I can find new nissan, oreily parts, or junkyard parts that I will test prior to shipping. If it does not run on my car, I will not sell it. period. The 82-83 l28ets TPS, head temp sensor, and **O2** will work for the z31 eccs but the rest will not. If you plan on using an msd or some other sensor signal interrupting device I can wire it to the specs you provide.(ie msd 6al, super afc, turbo timer, boost controller) But your specs have to be clear and Im only responsible for wiring it to YOUR diagrams or specs. I can also do a turbo z31 and the 88-89 16bit eccs wiring harness' and packages subject to availability. **The later turbo eccs use a zirconia type O2 that will not fit in the l28et O2 bung so you would have to get a new one welded in**. 88-89 N/A eccs are 16 bit as well and are very tunable,(romulater, afc, rechipping), but the 16 bit are more expensive to get as well. If you have a 240sx 60mm TB and TPS they will work with the z31 eccs. I have the 240sx TBs and TPS' if you want one too. Ill get a price total soon and break it down into part prices. shipping will be included in the total so I need a zip code to be accurate for pricing too. There are variables for all aspects, what model, year, etc.. Ive had a few requested and Ive been told that 200 was to high. Im putting a lot of time into each one so I dont think its that high. I can also modify your l28 harnes for the z31 eccs but you have to be able to get to me. Thanks for any input as long as its relevant.

My thought is you make the system plug and play that would suite most stock Z enthusiast who want better performance.

Produce something that is easy for you to make and even easier for the customer to install themselves and increase their performance.

Ebay is your best bet for what the market will pay.

May I suggest that in the future you use returns when you write. That was incredibly difficult to read.

Guest damn240z

unfortunately alot of people have allready modified theyre z in one way or another and 2+2s, s130,s30,the 510 are all different dimensions on where the computer can be located and from that point to the sensors. So I have to be able to adapt the harness for those things...Im trying to make it as completely plug and play as possible

If it was easy to produce everyone would be doing it. Its allready EXTREMELY easy to install as long as you know what sensors are what. If you dont know what sensors are what I can help Im sure. My "harness will NOT increase performance". Your performance is relative to what you do in cohesion with the eccs "upgrade".

Im trying to find a consensus from you guys and zcar.com. you dont know what youre really getting from ebay. I cant compare my harness to a harness someone ripped out of a 20 year old car. Everything is labeled, no guess work.

Im lucky to have spelt everything right. I just tried to edit it without any luck. Sorry it was hard to read, but Ive seen alot worse. Im NOT trying to sound like a douschnoozle when I typed all of this, but its was an easy question, How much do you think its worth. If youre not interested cool, but anyone who is, what do you think?

"Ive had a few requested and Ive been told that 200 was to high."

Those people will obviously have no problem paying you $10 an hour, either...

If you have more than 4 hours into your harness, and are selling them for $200, you are giving your expertise and labor away IMO.

People put a price on things becuase they are too lazy to do them on their own. Then they do it, and realize 'for $200, it was a bargian'...

Most Standalone EFI harnesses constructed of new materials and complete to the connectors will run in thearea of $200-400.

The Megasquirt harnesses I've seen for $65 are not 'complete' by a long shot, requiring field wiring and connectors for injectors which can easily double the price.

Stick to your price would be my suggestion. If people don't want to pay, then let em do it on their own. Don't give away your work, because damn skippy the FIRST bume in the road one of your customers hits they WILL blame your workmanship, or something YOU did, and expect you to come bail them out. More loss on an already loosing proposition. Even at $24 an hour, you only have $100 left to consider for parts and profit. One or two calls to the field will quickly eat up that kind of profit margin. Pricing sorts that out, to a degree...

Why not do an instructional video and sell those instead? You do the video once and your done. Then sell support via phone at a fee?

That way when it doesn't work because the owner screwed it up you get paid!

And of course there is always version two and three and four of your video.

1. Video one: Wiring and Sensors

2. Video two: Turbos and intercoolers

3. Video three: Specific applications to the 240,260, 280, 510

Reason I mention this is I'm into Surfing. I wanted to build a surfboard myself. There were specific videos that I bought showing you materials and how to's. After I was done watching them, I decided not to do it.

But the creater of the video still got paid!

I'm not one for spelling either, sorry if I came across snotty.