HybridZ

Tuning

dskubitz

Okay, after the last couple of years of rebuilding and rewiring the car, I finally have some progress. I have spark and fuel! The engine starts right up no problem. I hooked up a Lc-1 wideband for tuning, but I am unsure of what I am supposed to do next.

The LC-1 is reading all over the board, from 12 - 18 while the engine is idling. The engine seems to idle smooth while the AF is 15 - 17, but runs rough at 12. I am not doing anything to change these settings, but would love to know what I should do to get things running smooth.

I have a E6k, stock 280zx turbo, fuel regulator set at 38psi. It smells like it's running rich, but the wideband is showing lean.

Can somebody point me in the right direction of what I'm supposed to do next? How am I supposed to use the wideband for tuning. What should I tune first? Any help from the pros would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i might be able to help but i need to know what u have and haven't done. I have an e6k on my z first it was hooked to my l28et now it's on my rb25 soon to be rb30det. I messed with mine alot and tuned it without a wideband sensor. I should and will do it with my new engine but mine ran great just by the seat of the pants tuning ;) if you want pm me or i can try and help on this topic too