HybridZ

Eliminating some of the engine controls

WizardBlack

I have been looking at eliminating my BCDD and running a vac line from the intake manifold to the dizzy but it won't idle down. It runs about 1400+ rpm at idle and the idle screw on the throttle body is fully closed. As soon as I route that vac line through the BCDD it drops down. Any ideas? I capped both vac ports on the BCDD when I bypassed it. Am I missing something? I would expect it to not work right.

Additionally, I have the valve cover and crankcase vents open to air with K&N filters and plugged the respective ports on the intake pipe and intake manifold. It now seems to let the revs hang really bad when driving between shifts. I have used brake parts cleaner on different areas and it seems to have no leaks I could detect.

OK. I don't know if this has a ZX dizzy or not. I will look into a few things and dig up some comparo pics. I am hoping that the BCDD can be deleted and that that will require a blockoff plate where it bolts to the TB. Maybe there are some issues with that. The air temp related idle circuit could be stuck too, I suppose.