HybridZ

Dyno Results - 289 wft-lbs @ 4200, 240 whp @ 6000

ktm

....all on a Mustang dyno. I am PIG rich (average AFR 10.6), but I kept pinging at 4000-4200 at 12 to 12.5 AFR. I only spent two hours getting an initial tune, but now I am not pinging, AFR curve is flat, and I've identified a few issues I need to sort out (like wastegate puck cracking open).

Still, I'll take the numbers.

L28ET

T03/04E

15 psi

Supra 440cc injectors

LS-1 coils on plugs

Wolf EMS

I think you've still got some work to go in your tuning, did you mess with the ignition curve much?

When I rough tuned my car on the dyno (mustang) a while back she put down 254hp/289tq at 11psi. This was on a bone stock L28 long block with a to4b compressor housing with a 60-1 wheel. Im sure she had more in it as I did pretty much the same as you and set my fuel curve.

If you don't already have one I would look into getting a wide band and some datalogging software (if your ems isn't capable of this). I ended up tuning fuel with a innovate Lm1 pretty much all the time, then you can go and fine tune your ign on the dyno.

My EMS can do data logging and it can also support a wideband O2 sensor. I know there is more in the car, but like you said, I went for fuel only at this time. I will be constantly tuning her, but this is not bad for a first run.

i gotta agree, alot more left on the table, i was putting out that power at 10psi, and 330hp/350tq on 15 with a slipping clutch. my motors 7:1 for whatever it matters on 440cc injectors. HY35 and MSnS via a ZXT dizzy.

like others have said, can you post your dynocharts with a plotted AF curve and perhaps screens of your timing and fuel maps?

I'll scan the maps tomorrow. I looked at the HY35 compressor map and it flows about 7+ lbs of air more than my T03/04E 50 trim. Also, are your numbers on a Mustang or Dynojet. Remember that mine are on a Mustang, which are typically 10 to 15% lower than a Dynojet. Making that adjustment, that puts me around 319 ft-lbs.

Still, you can't compare dynos. I do not think I have all that much left on the table. My fueling can be optimized a little bit as can my timing, but I think I only have maybe 10 to 20 ft-lbs I am losing.

It's my understanding through reading that AFR's only have a minor impact on power; it's timing that really matters.

Since these runs, I have put a 50/50 blend of 100 octane and 91 octane to ward off detonation.