HybridZ

shimmy when braking

My frends car is having some problems. When she trys to stop the whole car shimmys? I dont know much about suspension so I thought I would ask you guys. Its a high frequency shimmy not like brakes its like; brdrdrdrdrdrdrd, kinda like rumble strips....its hard to explain. Also it be felt through out the whole car too. At first I kinda thought it was brakes but idk it jst does feel like it. Maybe Im wrong. Also when she stops the noise doesn't like slow down, it jst cuts in and out. Lol the more I describe it the more I think its brakes. Any way like I said I don't know much about suspension yet and I really want to learn so, through research hopefully Ill learn more.

My frends car is having some problems. When she trys to stop the whole car shimmys? I dont know much about suspension so I thought I would ask you guys. Its a high frequency shimmy not like brakes its like; brdrdrdrdrdrdrd, kinda like rumble strips....its hard to explain. Also it be felt through out the whole car too. At first I kinda thought it was brakes but idk it jst does feel like it. Maybe Im wrong. Also when she stops the noise doesn't like slow down, it jst cuts in and out. Lol the more I describe it the more I think its brakes. Any way like I said I don't know much about suspension yet and I really want to learn so, through research hopefully Ill learn more.

Well, I do know that warped brake discs can cause that, and I have seen a slight misalignment cause that as well, only when braking. If she has anti-lock brakes, the controller might be going out, causing the brakes to grip too tightly (which is caused by pumping anti-lock brakes), and it also might be uneven wear of the brake pads. And the brake pads themselves might need replaced, being worn down to the indicator. That's the immediate things I can think of right off hand.