HybridZ

RB20 oil pan

nope

Does anyone here need an RB20 oil pan, pickup and mounting bolts?

I got these like 2 years back when I wanted to do the RB26 swap but bailed on it shortly after. I forget how much I paid for it so I have no idea how much the go for now. I'm thinking this could be way more useful for someone currently trying to source parts for their own swap. I can post pics if needed.

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1588.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

I can send it with the original mounting hardware and brand new stainless socket head cap screws and stainless spring washers for the oil pan (30) and pickup (2). The pickup is basically perfect. The oil pan is also perfect, clean and dry inside. The outside has minor paint scratches as shown in the pics, a powdercoating on it would be sick.

220 shipped would be cool. I got some PM's but for way lower.

The 200ZR pan you need has a rounded bowl and a turbo drain inlet (at least that's what it looks like on my pan, but it's blocked)

Lets get this straight, the threaded hole in the left side of the 200zr oil pan is for a oil temp sending unit. Which is the same part number as any z31 with a digital dash. It is a m-16x 1.0 thread. I have made a few adapters for my oil temp sending unit to a 1/8 npt autometer sending unit.

Also if need be I can test my original oil temperature sending unit (z31) to see if it has the same resistance at different temps.

^ I guess I should have put in some smilies. I didnt mean to come off like a prick. lol Sorry Raff.

:) here's a smiley. we coo :D

so do you care to explain how one would mount the sensor in there? is it threaded? or do i have to zip off the end of the oriface, as it's blocked off.

I guess the sensor COULD probably just sit in there and get heat from the little prong that is blocking off the hole.

Also, for an S14, what pan would one use? Because if its a RB25 pan I have two, and I have an 200ZR pan here that i'll have to get rid of =/

LOL.

just wondering.

:) here's a smiley. we coo :D

so do you care to explain how one would mount the sensor in there? is it threaded? or do i have to zip off the end of the oriface, as it's blocked off.

I guess the sensor COULD probably just sit in there and get heat from the little prong that is blocking off the hole.

Also, for an S14, what pan would one use? Because if its a RB25 pan I have two, and I have an 200ZR pan here that i'll have to get rid of =/

LOL.

just wondering.

:icon6:

Well the factory Z31 just simply threaded into the oil pan with out direct contact to the oil. There are companies that make m16x1.0 to 1/8 npt adapters, I just bought a m16x1.0 universal adapter then cut the end off and tapped the midddle to 1/8 npt threads. Making the autometer temp sending unit thread into the fitting.

It measured the radiant heat from the oil, instead of the actual oil itself.

I'll take a pic of the factory z31 temp sending unit and post it up.

You could cut the end off of the orifice, but then you woud need an o-ring so that there isnt any leaks.

As for the S14 rb25 pan... It all depends on what crossmember you decide to use. If you use the skyline crossmember you can use the rb25 pan.

I think if you use the stock crossmember you can use the 200zr oil pan? I am not sure if the s14 is front sump or rear.

Hmmmm. the R33 RB25 rack fits the S14 and can use the same parts for the links, right?

I might just get that instead cause I remember everything- even the steering pump- swaps over.... except for the lines, they need modification.

Then I'll have two pans and I can sell my 200zr pan and pickup and not worry about modifying the sump / tube too much.